CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY LINKS
Submit your Christian Link!
Members of the communities listed here have chosen to express their Christian faith and commitment through sharing their lives and finances, at least to some extent.
Christian Communities vary in style and in social and theological approach. It is unlikely that anyone would be happy with all those listed here! Some of them may be similar to other Christian Communities, but most of them will be quite different.
We have tried to include communities which see themselves (and others) as Christian, and which others see as Christian.
- Alleluia Community, Augusta, GA, USA
Ecumenical Christian community living together as one village
- Agape Village, Belize
A forming community in Belize
- l'Abri (International)
Evangelical network founded by Francis Schaeffer. Communities in the USA, England, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland and South Korea.
- l'Arche Internationale and l'Arche, UK with links to other l'Arche communities around the world
Communities of people with a developmental disability and those who share life with them
- Ashram Community Sheffield, UK
The Ashram Community seeks to be a community of disciples true to the teachings and example of Jesus.
- Bartimaeus Cohousing Community Washington, USA
"...where people can substantially grow into the whole, healthy, unique persons God intended."
- Basisgemeinde Gettorf, Germany
Anabaptist communal church
- Basivilla, Switzerland
A small Swiss community in Ostermundigen
- Betel (International)
Rehabilitating substance abusers
- Bethany Fellowship International, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Evangelical community and missionary training centre and Bible school
- Broken Shackle Ranch, Georgia USA
Broken Shackle Ranch is a Christian youth home that specializes in helping young men aged 16-19
- Brot des Lebens
(auf deutsch: English page), Munich, Germany
Catholic covenant community
- The Brotherhood Church Stapleton, Yorkshire, UK
Originating from the Quaker movement, this 'peace' community aims to live independently from the government
- Bruderschaft Salem (Salem Brotherhood) (International).
Evangelical communal group helping mentally handicapped adults, disabled and abandoned children
- Bruderhof Communities (Church Communities International)
a Christian community movement with branches in the United States, England, Germany, and Australia.
- Camden House, New Jersey, USA
Committed to working for justice through the work of community, hospitality and employment.
- Catholic Worker Communities, 175 locations, mainly in USA
Communities remain committed to nonviolence, voluntary poverty, prayer, and hospitality for the homeless, exiled, hungry, and foresaken
- Chautauqua Institution, NY, USA
Methodist intentional community started in 1874; around 500 permanent residents and over 150,000 visitors each year
- Chemin Neuf
(multilingual/en français: English page), mainly in France
Catholic with an ecumenical vocation
- Christavashram, Kerala, India
Ecumenical Christian Ashram
- Christen in der Offensive, The Reichenberg Fellowship, Reichelsheim, Germany
Lutheran lay community
- Christian Community of God's Delight, Dallas, Texas USA
Catholic Covenant community
- Christ the King International Association International
Charismatic Catholic association of communities
- Church Communities International (Bruderhof)
a Christian community movement with branches in the United States, England, Germany, and Australia.
- Church Communities UK (Bruderhof)
UK branch of an international community organisation.
- Church of the Sojourners
- City of the Lord Community, Phoenix AZ,USA
A Roman Catholic association of married and single men and women, clergy, and religious
- Coleg y Groes, Denbighshire (Wales), UK
An Anglican community seeking to be deliberate in the sharing of their resources
- Common Ground Community, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
A neighbourhood seeking to live intertwined lives
- Common Life Network, Switzerland
A network for Swiss Christian communities
- The Common Place, London, Ontario, Canada
A blog for a small community following the example of Christ and the early Church
- Communauté de l'Emmanuel, (International)
Largely celibate Catholic community
- Communauté du Verbe de Vie, (International)
Catholic communities mainly in Europe
- Communauté Don Camillo Montmirail, Switzerland
- Communitas Agnes Dei, Germany
Community with a vision to turn their 'culture of love' into social justice in the wider world
- Community of Celebration, near Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Descended from the Church of the Redeemer, this community is an Anglican religious order of men, women and children
- Community of Celebration Trust, UK
Supporting the Community of Celebration in the UK
- Community of Jesus, Massachusetts, USA
Ecumenical Christian community whose prayer, work, and fellowship are dedicated to the transformation of individual lives
- Community of St Benedict, Connecticut, USA
Lay Monastery practicing hospitality to the disenfranchised.
- Community of the Beatitudes (International, French-speaking)
Expressing new forms of 'consecrated' life, in response to the challenges of our times
- Community of the Firstborn, Texas, USA
Extended family of believers with married and single people living in our individual homes and trailers on 50 acres of land
- Community of the Good Shepherd, Vasai, India
Catholic community with an outreach ministry to children living in slums
- Community of the Risen Christ, Glasgow, UK
A group of ordinary people from all walks of life, seeking to live out our Christian life in a community context
- Companions of Stillpoint Ministries, North Carolina, USA
Committed to service, social justice, peacemaking, prophetic action and spiritual disciplines
- Congregations of Yahweh, International
A multinational, multicultural group of people on a journey of faith and a sincere desire to live holy lives
- Cooperativa Neuland, Paraguay
Land co-op founded by Mennonite (Anabaptist) refugees from Russia and eastern Germany in 1947; today 1,635 residents on 2000 square kilometres (!)
- Cor-Lumen Christ Community, Chertsey, UK
A community with a mission of prayer and apostolic outreach providing a centre for prayer, worship, training and ministry
- Corrymeela Community, Northern Ireland
People of all ages and Christian traditions, committed to the healing of social, religious and political divisions
- Covenant House, International
Catholic charity organisation which uses 'Faith Community' homes at the heart of its work to help children off the street
- Diakoniedorf HerzosägmühleA "Place to Live", Germany
Lutheran community which began as a "worker colony" to integrate homeless men in the wider society in 1894. In recent decades it became an intentional Christian village of about 900 people
(including children, families, mentally handicapped people and seniors). Two-thirds of them have chosen to stay permanently, while one-third is
looking for temporary help.
- Die Hegge, Germany
Women's community hosting an educational centre
- Disciples of Jesus Community, Australia
a ntional community, "A body in and for the Church"
- Detroit Community Outreach, Detroit, Michiigan, USA
Actively involved in outreach to youth
- Emmaus Dublin, Republic of Ireland
An interdenominational, charismatic community of young people, looking to bring the Christian message to their country through music and the arts
- Emmaus Kaio Community Chicago, USA
A ministry seeking to reach out to male prostitutes
- Ensemble Community in Riehen near Basel
Mutual support in following Jesus. Assisted living for two women and two men. Promoting "living in community"
- Elim Evangelical Christian Communities, Netherlands
"If there is a spiritual fellowship, then this must automatically lead to a social fellowship"
- Familia Spiritualis Opus, Germany
Community basing its identity on John 6:29
- Familienkommunität "Siloah", Germany
Protestant community, well-known for its Christian youth camps
- Fe y Vida, Spain
Catholic charismatic ecumenical communities
- Focolare, (International)
Roman Catholic communal villages
- Foyer de Charité, (International)
Roman Catholic lay communities
- Franciscaans Milieuproject, Netherlands
Based on Franciscan spirituality this community strives to foster respect for God's creation.
- Free Christian Youth Community, Lüdenscheid, Germany
An interdenominational, social-missionary community
- Friedensstadt, 'City of Peace', Blankensee, Germany
Reclaimed since Russian occupation in 1994
- Holden Village
An ecumenical Christian renewal centre rooted in the Lutheran tradition comprising of about 60 core members and many guests throughout the year
- Home Church Dot Org
An internet discussion about house churches
- House of Prayer for All Nations, Rochester, Kent, UK
Moving from 'Luke Warm' Christianity into a life devoted to Him
- House of the Open Door, Worcs., UK
An ecumenical, family based community
- Hutterian Brethren, various locations in North America
Traditional rural community church
- Iona Community, UK
An ecumenical Christian community committed to seeking new ways of living the Gospel in today's world
- Jesus Army (Jesus Fellowship), around the UK
The New Creation Christian Community forms the core of the Jesus Army
- Jesus Christians, Sydney, Australia
Outspoken Christian community
- Jesus Christ's Community at Hebron, Jefferson, New York State, USA
A community preaching on the cost of love
- JPUSA (Jesus People USA) in Chicago, USA
An integrative group of Christians with a transformative inner city and international ministry
- Koinonia, London, UK
Ecumenical student outreach community at the University of London
- Koinonia Giovanni Baptista, Europe and USA
Evangelical Roman Catholic communities
- Koinonia Partners, Americus, Georgia, USA
Christian ministry working to defeat poverty and racism since 1942. Birthplace of Habitat for Humanity
- Kwasizabantu Mission, S. Africa
Not just a mission station, but also a community with 400 residents founded in 1972. Evangelical with Lutheran background.
- Kyodogakusha, Japan
(in Japanese -- English page) Evangelical communities serving mentally handicapped people; founded in 1973; around 170 residents in 4 communal farms
- Läbeshuus, Bern, Switzerland
Swiss community providing discipleship training
- Lamb of God, New Zealand
A national community located throughout New Zealand
- Lee Abbey, Devon, UK
The vision of Lee Abbey is three-fold … to build community, to renew and serve the church and to be God's welcome to those who visit
- Life Mission Fellowship, Hammonton, New Jersey, USA
A community of Christians living out the gospel through their commitment to one another and God's kingdom values
- Light of Christ Covenant Community, Bangalore, India
A lay Catholic community in India, affiliated with the Glory of God International Covenant Communities
- Living Springs, Madison County, Arkansas, USA
A new development planned around the 40-acre lake on a former cattle ranch, set in the beautiful, rolling hill country of Northwest Arkansas
- Living Water Community, Port of Spain, Trinidad,
Catholic Charismatic Lay Community
- Lutheran Student House, Waterloo, Ontario, USA,
A non-profit student residence ministry of Lutheran Campus Ministry-Waterloo
- Madonna House, Combermere, ON,
Canada, plus links to other communities around the world
Priests and laypeople devoted to poverty, chastity and obedience
- Menno House, New York, USA,
Home of Manhattan Mennonite Fellowship
- Mühlrad, Germany
A community which exists to encourage life and faith in Jesus
- Mustard Seed House, Seattle
An inter-generational new monastic, intentional Christian community formed to live the values of God’s Kingdom
- Narrow Way Christian Community, Chapin, IL, USA
Celibate Community on a 46 acre farm
- New Creation Christian Community around the United Kingdom
Communities of the Jesus Fellowship/modern Jesus army
- New Life Evangelistic Center, St. Louis, MO, USA
Interdenominational community reaching out to the poor and dispossessed
- Nomadelfia (The law of Brotherhood), Grosseto, Italy
A group of catholic volunteers that wishes to construct a new civilization based on the Gospel
- Othona Community, Essex & Dorset, UK
An ecumenical community
- Pain de Vie (Bread of Life), (International)
Roman Catholic community belonging to the charismatic Renewal Movement;
around 800 residents in 35 communal households including all states of life; many former substance abusers
- People of God, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
An ecumenical covenant community
- Pilsdon Community, Dorset, UK
A small, ecumenical, work based community
- Plow Creek Mennonite Church, Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA
A rural community with a pacifist emphasis
- Poatina Village (Shelter Village), Tasmania, Australia
Caring for homeless and unemployed young people in a supportive atmosphere while offering training and job skills
- Praxis House, Seattle, Washington, USA
Blog of new community set up by Church of the Apostles
- Radical Living, Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA
A missional living community of artists, young professionals and students of various denominations, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Reba Place Fellowship, Evanston, IL, USA
A Mennonite church of diverse membership
- Rehab 4 Addiction, is a free and confidential helpline for people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction in Birmingham. UK Tel: 0800 140 4690 Website:
- REMAR, International
(Spanish) Charismatic community with 15,000 residents in 1,500 communities
- Revival Joy Centrum, Netherlands
Small community with a ministry to drug addicts and alcoholics.
- Rose Creek Village, Tennessee, USA
"We believe that there needs to be a demonstration of the Life of God to give validity to a Message, and we believe that we have a demonstration of that Life."
- Rutba House Community, Durham, NC, USA
Home of the New Monasticism website, Rutba House call themselves an experiemnt in glimpsing the kingdom that is to come on earth.
- St Benedict's Farm, Texas, USA
Lay Catholic community who have swapped cowls for bluecollar work clothes
- Seekers Church - A Christian Community, Washington DC, USA
Famous for their artistic and original liturgies
- Servants of Jesus, Sydney, Australia
An ecumenical community
- Servants of the Word, (International)
Ecumenical brotherhood of men living single for the Lord in USA Scotland, England, Fiji, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Austria, Belgium, France, and Philippines.
- Shalom Mission Communities, USA
Network of a number of communities across the United States.
- Shiloh Community, Sulphur Springs, Arkansas, USA
Ecumenical, a self-sustaining family of diverse interests, sharing a common vision
- Sojourners Community, Washington DC
A community committed to social justice which produces a magazine by the same name
- The Simple Way, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
A small community dedicated to social justice
- Sion, Brentwood, UK
A Catholic community committed to mission work
- Steppenblüte, Grimmialp, Switzerland
A community of artistic Christian women
- Sword of the Spirit International
An association of communities world wide
- Taizé Community, based in France
The famous community of reconcilliation and pilgrimage
- The Trinity Institute, Texas, USA
A small community providing a residential resource for Christian artists and thinkers.
- Twelve Tribes (International)
Pioneering movement, committed to Jesus. Communities in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, UK, USA
- Umkehr zum Herrn (Return to the Lord), Vienna, Austria
An ecumenical community
- Urban Servant Corps, Denver, USA
Lutheran 'helps' ministry with its roots in community living
- Vineyard Central, Norwood, Ohio, USA
A small community which believes that "learning to be together as the church can only be accomplished by actually being together"
- Washtenaw Covenant Community, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
A community of disciples from various Christian traditions on mission to live & proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ
- The Well at Willen Community, Milton Keynes, UK
A 'non-hierarchical', ecumenical community seeking to share their 'well' (the symbol of a life giving God) with others.
- The Wesley Foundation at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
A community of Christian 12 students at Virginia University
- Work of Christ Community, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
A community of Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christians seeking to live completely for Jesus Christ
- WG Spiegel, Bern, Switzerland
A small community of young people
- Zion UCC
Intentional Community, Henderson, Kentucky, USA
A community related to the United Church of Christ and committed to justice-activism and inclusive worship/prayer
Some useful community-orientated links
Open Directory - Christianity: Community
Open Directory - Christianity: Community: Intentional Communities
Yahoo! - Christianity: Intentional Communities
- from the Fellowship for Intentional Community
Intentional Community Database
Intentional Communities - an 'inclusive' source of information!
Intentional Communities - a Yahoo group, not the same as the link above!
Diggers and Dreamers The guide to communal living in Britain
More useful LINKS:
Best things to do in Austria!
Best things to do in Belgium!
Best things to do in Brazil!
Best things to do in France!
Best things to do in Italy!